Are you facing problems sending mails from WordPress? Do you want to send emails in WordPress using Gmail SMTP server?
Then this tutorial is just for you. Since today you are going to learn that how to send Emails in WordPress using Gmail SMTP server. We have completely shared a full tutorial to send emails in WordPress to make you guys aware of it.
As WordPress sends you mails about comments, adding person, password change notifications and other notifications. By default settings, WordPress uses Php functions which may not work all the time by some hosting companies in order to prevent spam.
SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is the industry which is used for sending for emails and it not like php function. Since it uses proper authentication which increases email deliver rate. The SMTP is service by Gmail which is used to send mails from WordPress. And if you are looking for sending WordPress notifications to yourself or any other users then SMTP is best choice for sure.
In order to start using SMTP service you need to follow this tutorial in which we have completely described about here.
Must Read: Learn safe Gmail.com Login Tips
Send Emails in WordPress Using Gmail SMTP Server
So here are the steps which you need to follow in order to Send Emails in WordPress Using Gmail SMTP Server. Now without taking your more time let me take you to the steps;
- First of all, Install and active Gmail STMP plugin for WordPress.
- Now click on Settings from your WordPress dashboard and go to Gmail STMP to configure the plugin.
- After that you will require to setup API key by creating a Google app in order to done the setup.
Creating API Keys for Gmail By App
- First of go to Web Apps using this Links and it will take Google Developers Console Website.
- Now Sign in with your Gmail ID.
- Ones you are logged in, it will create a new project for you with Gmail API enabled.
- Click on Go To Credential button.
- Now click on What credentials do I need? to continue.
- Now click on Create client ID button to continue.
- After that you will be OAuth Screen setup; here you need to select you gmail address and give a suitable name to your app. (I would recommend you to give name as your website name).
- Ones you are done with it, click on Continue button.
- You are done with it. Just click on Done button.
- Now you will have list of client IDs (apps) that you have created in order to access API and now click on the name of your APP.
- After that you will have Client ID and Client Secret keys.
- You need to copy these keys and paste them in Gmail SMTP Settings on your WordPress dashboard.
- Now fill remaining form by adding the simple details as asked.
- Select TLS for enccryption and you need to use 587 as port. Now click on Save buton to save changes.
- Now scroll down and click on Grant Permission
- It may ask you to grant the permission by allowing it, ones it is done then SMTP button will turn green.
This was our tutorial which has made you learn to Send Emails in WordPress Using Gmail.com SMTP Server. If you have any queries or confusion left related to this review then don’t forget to share this article with your other friends and circle too. You may never know that your share may be proven helpful for many of the users out there. So keep sharing and keep liking our content over social media.