Are you looking for strengthen your Gmail security? Do you want to make your Gmail account stronger? Then this guide is for you as I am helping you to add 2 Step verification on Gmail account.
When you will enable 2 Step verification for your Gmail.com account then it will as you to enter your password and after that it will send you a code on your phone which you need to enter in order to login to your account. It means if someone knows your password but he doesn’t have your phone then he will not be able to sign in to your Gmail account. Isn’t it more secure?
I think it is, so you should also follow this Gmail login guide and make your gmail account more secure then ever before. It basically add one more secure step in protecting your account. So go for it;
Learn- How to Add 2 Step Verification on Gmail
So here are the steps to be followed in order to add 2 Step verification on Gmail. Now without taking your more time let me take you to the steps which you need to follow in order to add this extra security to your account.
Turn On 2 Step Verification on Gmail
First lets learn about turning on 2 step verification and if you don’t like it then I would suggest you to follow section 2 of this tutorial which will make you learn to turn off 2 step verification on Gmail.
So here you go;
- First of all Sign in to your Gmail account and go to 2-Step verification page.
- Now on 2 Step verification box on right, you need to click on Start setup.
- Now it will ask you to enter your Phone number and then select how you will like to receive your codes; If you want to receive it via message then select Text Message (SMS) and if you want to receive it on Call then select Voice Call.
- Then click on Send Code and it will send you code by the method which you selected. Then enter the code and click on Verify.
- Now you need to select whether to trust this computer or not. Select the option and proceed.
- After that, click on Confirm to save this settings for your gmail.com account.
Turn Off 2 Step Verification on Gmail
If you are fed up with this verification process and want to turn it off. Then I am adding this for you.
- First of all, Sign in to your account and head toward My Account section.
- Now click on Signing in to Google under Sign-in & Security.
- After that, click on 2-Step Verification.
- Now it will ask you to enter your password and Verification code to proceed.
- Then click on Update now
- After that you need to click on Turn Off.
- Then it will ask you to verify your action by clicking on Turn off.
- This was it!
This was our tutorial to make you guys aware with this security tweak. I am sure now you all must be feeling secured as far your Gmail security is concerned. If you have any queries or confusion left related to this tutorial then lend your queries in comment box. I shall get back to you as soon as possible.
Was it helpful? If it was then don’t forget to share this article with your other friends and circle too. You may never know that your share may be proven helpful for many of the users out there. So keep sharing and liking our content over social media.